The time of the year has come and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. For some local residents, it is time to go to the Lazarus Thanksgiving Dinner and have their first full meal in weeks. People throughout Massachusetts are poor and struggle to feed their families. This chance to get food for one night is a gift to them, and they are extremely thankful to have all of this delicious food in front of them. For those of you who don't know, Pike is one of the strongholds for the Lazarus House Food Drive. This year's food drive will run from Monday, November 13 - Tuesday, November 22.
Items to donate include:
- Canned Vegetables: any kind, especially peas, beans (Any GOYA product), corn, carrots, potatoes, yams, and beets
- Pasta and Rice: Noodles and Macaroni, White Rice, Spaghetti Products, SpaghettiO's, Spaghetti sauce, and Mac & Cheese
- Canned Meats: Hash, Ham, and Spam
- Paper Products: Napkins, Paper Towels, Paper Plates, Hot and Cold Cups, Aluminum Baking Pans, and Lunch Bags
- Desserts: Pie Filling and Crust, Cake Mix and Frosting, Brownie, Mix, Muffin Mix, Jello Mix or Boxes, Pudding Mix or Boxes, Canned Fruit
- Other Foods to be Mentioned: Powdered Milk, Dry Soups and Chili, Powdered Drink Mixes, Hot Chocolate, Jams and Jellies, Coffee and Tea, and Sugar.
Donations can be dropped off in the hall behind the cafeteria.
Please bring in frozen turkeys on Monday, November 20. If every family donates a turkey we will have 337 turkeys to give to Lazarus House.