John M. Waters (1994)
S. Boyer Baird (1996)
Angela Brown (2012)
Michael Eatman (2014)
Jennifer Elkin (2000)
Mark Graziano (2005)
Rod Boyer (2013)
Margaret Cohn Szegvari (1994)
Colleen Welsh (1998)
Board Of Trustees
Standing Committees & Chairs
Audit Committee, Bob Borek
In accordance with the bylaws of the Board of Trustees, the Chairman of the Board, the Vice-chair, and the Head of School shall serve as ex-officio members of all standing committees.
The Role of the Board Of TrusteesThe responsibility of the Board of Trustees of The Pike School is to be aware, to the fullest extent possible, of all matters that pertain to the philosophy and goals of The Pike School and to assure that decisions of the Board conform to these stated objectives.
1. The Board is responsible for preparing a clear statement of the school’s philosophy and objectives.
2. The Board has complete and final responsibility in all fiscal affairs of the school, including assets represented by building and grounds.
3. The Board is responsible for selecting a new Head of the School, when needed.
4. The Board is responsible for establishing the policies under which the Head will administer the school.
5. The Board does not hear complaints, set curriculum, hire or supervise faculty or administrators (other than the Head), determine the salaries of the Head’s employees, or in any way intervene in the daily operation of the school.
The Head of The Pike School is the chief administrative officer. The Head serves as the professional leader of the institution, administers the school according to the policies set by the Board, and works with the full Board and with standing and special Board committees to enable the Board to carry out its responsibilities.