Director of the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations
The Director of the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations will oversee the planning and implementation of The Pike School’s annual giving, major gifts, alumni relations, and event programs. S/he will be responsible for managing a comprehensive annual giving and major giving program for the purpose of soliciting and stewarding individual gifts from parents, alumni, friends, etc. through personal solicitation, direct mail, electronic communication, and volunteer management.
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of annual fundraising and major donor experience in education or a related field. Capital campaign experience is preferred, but not required. Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals. The successful candidate will have strong management and organizational skills, creativity, the willingness to travel, and the ability to work some evenings and weekends. As a self-motivated, dynamic leader of the advancement and alumni relations team, the candidate will have a passion for education and The Pike School’s mission. A strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office is preferred
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing/overseeing the daily operations of The Pike School Annual Fund;
- Developing and coordinating direct-mail and electronic communication campaigns for all constituencies including alumni, parents, and friends;
- Developing and overseeing alumni outreach activities that will engage alumni of all eras;
- Overseeing external communications, including newsletters and development related content on Pike’s website;
- Recruiting, training, managing, motivating, and guiding volunteers, including The Pike School’s Board of Trustees;
- Planning and directing meetings of volunteer leadership;
- Overseeing the gift-entry and acknowledgement process;
- Overseeing social media management;
- Planning and execution of various special events, including the Annual Golf Tournament/Dinner, Annual Auction, and special projects as required;
- Conducting cultivation meetings with select donors and prospects;
- Conducting personal solicitations of select donors and prospects;
- Working with various departments at The Pike School on recruitment and public relations efforts, as appropriate; and,
- Maintaining membership in CASE and other appropriate professional organizations.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Pike School is an independent, coeducational day school located on 35 woodland acres in Andover, Massachusetts. Its comprehensive and sequential program provides education to students from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 9. Small class size and individual attention allow for social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of the students within the context of the school community. The Pike School history extends back to 1926 when Cynthia E. Pike started educating six students in her home; Pike now has more than 2,000 alumni. The Pike School motto is Non sibi solum – Not for oneself alone. Pike seeks candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to collaboration and lifelong learning as well as a dedication to working in a diverse community.
Please email your cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com, or mail to Resumes, The Pike School, 34 Sunset Rock Road Andover, MA 01810.
No phone calls please.
For more than 20 years, The Pike School, in partnership with Lesley University, has offered an exceptional training opportunity for aspiring elementary teachers. This one-year, school-based, teacher training program leads to a M.Ed. in Elementary Education and Massachusetts Initial Licensure. For further information about our Teacher Training Program please visit our main page and contact the Program Director, Margaret Cohn Szegvari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classroom & PE
The Pike School, an independent, PK–9, elementary day school in Andover seeks subs for classrooms and PE. Bachelor’s degree, some classroom education experience preferred.
Send resume/cover letter (indicate preferred grades) to:
The Pike School
34 Sunset Rock Rd.
Andover, MA 01810.
FAX: (978) 409-6798 or email@example.com. No calls, please.
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual’s qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.