The Pike School is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus in our region. This page provides helpful information about the disease and how it relates to our school. Please check back frequently for updated information as things are changing from day to day.
Public health officials recommend the following steps people should take to reduce their risk of getting and spreading any viral respiratory infections.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
"Get the facts on coronavirus," interview with Dr. Peter Lin, CBC
"Coronavirus, Wildfires, Oh My: What to Say to a Child Who’s Scared By the News," by Steve Calechman
"Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource" National Association of School Psychologists (NASP)
"Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus" The Child Mind Institute