During the 2021-22 academic year, Pike is maintaining a weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing program. Pike reports off-campus test results as well as our on-campus testing results.
Please know that if your family member has been deemed a close contact via our internal contact tracing with a COVID-19 positive community member, you will be contacted before this data is published by Stacey Aufiero or Sara Stevens.
|Week of||Positive Cases - Students||Positive Cases - Faculty/Staff|
|Monday, March 21||1||1|
|Monday, March 28||1||0|
|Monday, April 4||1||2|
|Monday, April 11||3||4|
|Monday, April 18||3||2|
|Monday, April 25||4||2|
|Monday, May 2||7||1|
|Monday, May 9||27||4|
|Monday, May 16||33||5|
|Monday, May 23|
SYMPTOMS THAT REQUIRE TESTING:
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
On rare occasions, PCR tests are inconclusive for unknown reasons. An indeterminate result means that the test did not detect a clear positive or negative result. In these cases, often there is a problem with the sample collected, such as the individual's nose was too dry, or the individual's sample contained too much mucus or the sample did not provide enough DNA on the swab. It is also possible that a COVID-19 infection is present but the test was done too early to detect the virus. When we receive an indeterminate outcome, impacted community members are notified and must produce a negative result before returning to school.
This is a weekly report and should circumstances change those impacted will be contacted immediately.