Working at Pike
What is still possible? Amidst a most atypical year - a year of metaphorical and concrete loss, of tremendous racial injustice - this is the guiding question Pike has held at its center. These crises, of health and justice, have challenged us to find new ways to best live our mission and vision. Our teachers are at the heart of Pike and have been innovative beyond imagination. They have redesigned lessons and assessments to build connection, inspire curiosity, and sustain growth while six feet apart, masked, or via screens.
Our motto, Non Sibi Solum, Not for Oneself Alone, has called each of us to adjust our individual lives for our collective well being. Guided by new policies, our shared sacrifices have helped our community stay healthy and our campus open five days a week, every week thus far. Yet, even in the midst of worldwide disruption, we continue to stretch ourselves to envision a brighter future. As a new school year, a new strategic plan, and a healthier world await us, we believe we are on the cusp of this brighter future, a world more worthy of our children. If you are also looking ahead - inquisitive, hopeful, and eager, would you like to help create the future with us?
Working at Pike means immersing yourself in a student-centered culture and a compassionate, diverse community. Opportunities for strategic thinking, innovation and learning are plentiful. If you’re passionate, motivated, and can’t help but dream about what’s possible for all children – we invite you to take a closer look at Pike. The Pike School, an independent elementary school in Andover, MA, serves approximately 450 students in grades pre-kindergarten through nine.
To apply for a position listed below, please fill out the online application by clicking on the apply button below the job description.
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.
An Amazing Place to Work
- On average, teachers have taught for 18 years at Pike
- Average class size: 11 students in Lower School, 14 students in Middle School, and 16 students in Upper School
- Ample on and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- Matching 403b (up to 6.5%)
- Complimentary daily lunch offerings
- Team building activities including our annual Magical Mystery Tour
- Complimentary Friday morning breakfasts
- Complimentary coffee, tea and snacks in our break rooms
- Reimbursement of tuition for graduate courses (up to 85%)
- Tuition remission after three years of service