Working at Pike
A Pike education ignites a lifelong journey of discovery. We ground our work in building connections, inspiring curiosity, and cultivating the learning and growth of each of our students. A Pike education liberates human potential and possibility to transform ourselves and our world and is rooted in our motto, Non Sibi Solum. We value:
- Authenticity: We embrace the identities of every person.
- Intellectual Ambition: We foster curiosity, inquiry, engagement, and initiative in learning.
- Social Good: We care for ourselves, for one another, and for our community.
At Pike, we believe we are on the cusp of a brighter future, a world more worthy of our children. If you’re passionate, motivated, and can’t help but dream about what’s possible for all children – we invite you to take a closer look at Pike. Working at Pike means immersing yourself in a student-centered culture and a compassionate, diverse community. Opportunities for strategic thinking, innovation, and learning are plentiful. If you are also looking ahead - inquisitive, hopeful, and eager, would you like to help create the future with us?
The Pike School, an independent elementary school in Andover, MA, serves approximately 435 students, of all genders, in grades Pre-Kindergarten through nine. Learn more about our commitment to possibility.
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.
An Amazing Place to Work
- On average, teachers have taught for 18 years at Pike
- Average class size: 11 students in Lower School and 12 students in Upper School
- Ample on and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching/professional skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- Matching 403b (up to 6.5%)
- Two weeks off paid for Winter Break
- Reimbursement of tuition for graduate courses (up to 85%)
- Tuition remission after three years of service