Working at Pike
The Pike School in Andover, Massachusetts, is an independent day school of 448 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Nine. The Pike School community represents culturally and socio-economically diverse families from 38 communities. Pike seeks candidates who possess skills in multicultural teaching and leadership practices and a dedication to working in a diverse community. Candidates must also have demonstrated a commitment to collaboration and lifelong learning, as well as an expertise in best practices in elementary education. Pike faculty and staff are an integral part of the Pike community who inspire our students to become independent thinkers and responsible citizens.
To apply for a position listed below, please fill out the online application by clicking on the apply button below the job description.
- Head of Upper School
- After School Extended Day Program Associates
- Substitute Teachers
- Collaborative Teacher Training Program
Curriculum and Program
- Assure the implementation of a well-balanced and developmentally appropriate program for Grades six through nine
- Oversee Upper School curriculum; participate in the curriculum change process
- Stay abreast of best practices and share resources with faculty
- Support the work of Professional Learning Teams (PLTs)
- Meet regularly with teachers and the Director of Counseling Services to assure that individual students’ needs are being met
- Act as the Upper School liaison to the administrative team
- Respond to parents’ concerns and needs; attend/facilitate parent conferences when needed
- Respond to student discipline issues and problems
Supervision and Evaluation
- Meet yearly with individual Upper School faculty members to set goals for the year
- Facilitate professional development for faculty
- Support the ongoing learning of teachers through observations and evaluations
- Meet regularly with new faculty to ensure smooth integration into Upper School
- Actively support the school's mission and values
- Assist the Head of School in hiring teachers and staff
- Meet regularly with division heads and administrative team to coordinate and strategize about ongoing school operation
- Support the admission director’s work on screening candidates for Grades 6-9
- Participate on the Upper School admission team
Interested candidates, please click “Apply” below to complete the application form and include your cover letter, resume and references. Apply Now.
The Flex Extended Day program at The Pike School is a place for Pike students to play after school, do homework, and engage in a range of activities. It is also a time for students to relax, read, and enjoy being with their friends. After-school runs Monday through Friday immediately following the school day on half and full days. After-school also runs during professional development days.
We are looking for dependable, reliable, energetic, creative, experienced, and dedicated applicants to work with children in grades Pre-K - 9. Flex Associates will help plan and facilitate hands-on educational experiences as well as monitor and supervise non-structured, choice-based ones. After-school hours are from 3:00-6:00pm during the week and 2:00–6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
The ideal candidate:
- Must enjoy working with school-aged children Pre-k through grade 9
- Will have a positive attitude and serve as a role model to students
- Is creative, child-oriented, responsible, and dedicated
- Has an interest or experience in education (preferred, but not required)
- Has child-care work experience (preferred, but not required)
Are you looking to be a part of an educational setting, working with children? We are an independent, PK–9, elementary day school seeking substitute teachers. Bachelor's degree and some experience teaching or working with elementary age students are strongly preferred. Candidates should demonstrate a history of punctuality, responsibility and flexibility.
Substitutes could be asked to teach full or half days in regular or specialists' classrooms (indicate if preference). They are expected to provide instruction and implementation of lesson plans, manage the classroom, and ensure student learning. Apply
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.
An Amazing Place to Work
- On average, teachers have taught for 18 years at Pike
- Average class size: 11 students in Lower School, 14 students in Middle School, and 16 students in Upper School
- Ample on and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- A chance to be a part of a fun and supportive community