Working at Pike
The Pike School in Andover, Massachusetts, is an independent day school of 448 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Nine. The Pike School community represents culturally and socio-economically diverse families from 38 communities. Pike seeks candidates who possess skills in multicultural teaching and leadership practices and a dedication to working in a diverse community. Candidates must also have demonstrated a commitment to collaboration and lifelong learning, as well as an expertise in best practices in elementary education. Pike faculty and staff are an integral part of the Pike community who inspire our students to become independent thinkers and responsible citizens.
To apply for a position listed below, please fill out the online application by clicking on the apply button below the job description.
- Lower/Middle School (Pre-K — 5th grade) Spanish Teacher
- After School Extended Day Program Associates
- Substitute Teachers
The Pike School seeks to hire a full-time Lower/Middle School (PK-5th grade) Spanish Teacher beginning in the 2019-2020 school year. The ideal candidate will have extensive elementary teaching experience coupled with native or near-native proficiency in Spanish. This will be the inaugural year of introducing a world language with our Lower and Middle School students; therefore the person in this position will be required to envision, develop, and implement programming in collaboration with the administration and world language department. The Pike culture embraces lifelong learning, which includes constant reflection on and evaluation of practices, materials, and pedagogy. The ideal candidate will approach teaching and learning with student needs in mind, be on the forefront of best practices in world language education and research, and serve as a leader within the community.
- Strong elementary teaching experience (PK-5)
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Curriculum/program development preferred
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- Flexibility in utilizing second-language acquisition pedagogy (ie TPR)
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters degree in education or a related subject preferred
Candidates should submit a resume, at least two letters of reference, and a personal statement that addresses how your experience meets the expectations of the position as stated above. Apply now.
The Flex Extended Day program at The Pike School is a place for Pike students to play after school, do homework, and engage in a range of activities. It is also a time for students to relax, read, and enjoy being with their friends. After-school runs Monday through Friday immediately following the school day on half and full days. After-school also runs during professional development days.
We are looking for dependable, reliable, energetic, creative, experienced, and dedicated applicants to work with children in grades Pre-K - 9. Flex Associates will help plan and facilitate hands-on educational experiences as well as monitor and supervise non-structured, choice-based ones. After-school hours are from 3:00-6:00pm during the week and 2:00–6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
The ideal candidate:
- Must enjoy working with school-aged children Pre-k through grade 9
- Will have a positive attitude and serve as a role model to students
- Is creative, child-oriented, responsible, and dedicated
- Has an interest or experience in education (preferred, but not required)
- Has child-care work experience (preferred, but not required)
Are you looking to be a part of an educational setting, working with children? We are an independent, PK–9, elementary day school seeking substitute teachers. Bachelor's degree and some experience teaching or working with elementary age students are strongly preferred. Candidates should demonstrate a history of punctuality, responsibility and flexibility.
Substitutes could be asked to teach full or half days in regular or specialists' classrooms (indicate if preference). They are expected to provide instruction and implementation of lesson plans, manage the classroom, and ensure student learning. Apply
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.
An Amazing Place to Work
- On average, teachers have taught for 18 years at Pike
- Average class size: 11 students in Lower School, 14 students in Middle School, and 16 students in Upper School
- Ample on and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- A chance to be a part of a fun and supportive community