Working at Pike
Our community of students, teachers, families, and staff are at the heart of Pike. We ground our work in building connection, inspiring curiosity, and cultivating the learning and growth of each of our students. Our motto, Non Sibi Solum, Not for Oneself Alone, has called each of us to adjust our individual lives for our collective well being. Guided by new policies, our shared sacrifices have helped our community stay healthy and our campus open five days a week, every week thus far. Yet, even in the midst of worldwide disruption, we continue to stretch ourselves to envision a brighter future. As a new school year, a new strategic plan, and a healthier world await us, we believe we are on the cusp of this brighter future, a world more worthy of our children. If you are also looking ahead - inquisitive, hopeful, and eager, would you like to help create the future with us?
Working at Pike means immersing yourself in a student-centered culture and compassionate, diverse community. We endeavor to foster a holistic, developmentally considerate, and transformative learning environment. We strive to build upon and strengthen a culture of inclusion and belonging where students and families of all identities thrive and faculty and staff possess the competencies to support our diverse student body. Opportunities for innovation and learning are plentiful. If you’re passionate, motivated, and can’t help but dream about what’s possible for all children – we invite you to take a closer look at Pike. The Pike School, an independent elementary school in Andover, MA, serves approximately 450 students in grades pre-kindergarten through nine.
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.
An Amazing Place to Work
- On average, teachers have taught for 18 years at Pike
- Average class size: 11 students in Lower School, 14 students in Middle School, and 16 students in Upper School
- Ample on and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching/professional skills
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- Matching 403b (up to 6.5%)
- Two weeks off paid for Winter Break
- Reimbursement of tuition for graduate courses (up to 85%)
- Tuition remission after three years of service
- Complimentary daily lunch offerings