Mission & Vision
The Pike School seeks to develop within its community a lifelong love of learning, respect for others, the joy of physical activity, and a creative spirit. A Pike education is a journey that prepares students to be independent learners and responsible citizens.
The Pike School will:
- Provide a supportive environment where the whole child is valued and has opportunities for success and challenge as a scholar, citizen, artist and athlete.
- Each student at Pike School will be well known by many adults in the community.
- At Pike School every student will have an age-appropriate understanding of his or her own learning profile in order to be a better learner.
- At Pike School students will be encouraged to develop and use their own voices to be effective self-advocates and contributors to the community.
- Pike School will create an environment where students feel safe to explore outside their own comfort zone, understanding that growth comes from reaching beyond what they believe is possible.
- Continually improve a curriculum that focuses on the whole child and imparts the tools needed to succeed in an ever-changing world.
- Attract, develop and retain a faculty and staff who are inspired by and committed to The Pike School's mission and use assessment of student learning to improve instruction.
- Embrace and sustain an increasingly diverse community, where diversity in all its forms is cherished and celebrated.
- Provide a vibrant, supportive and inclusive environment for all members of the Pike community.
- Earn the philanthropic support of all parents, alumni, faculty/administration/staff, past parents, and friends to provide a lasting legacy for generations to come.
- the potential within each of us deserves to be recognized and nurtured.
- children develop best when there is an active and willing partnership between school and family.
- that adults are important role models, guides, and mentors for children.
- the connections among teachers and students are most effective in small group settings.
- our curriculum teaches skills and strategies that foster the acquisition of knowledge, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
- that an enriching, challenging, and supportive environment is necessary for personal development.
- that by recognizing, respecting, sharing, and appreciating our similarities and differences, we grow and flourish.
- that for children to become responsible global citizens, we must teach sound environmental stewardship of our earth and its resources.
- in fostering lifelong social, emotional, mental, and physical aspects of wellness through comprehensive programming to support the needs of the Pike community.