Mission & Vision
The Pike School seeks to develop within its community a lifelong love of learning, respect for others, the joy of physical activity, and a creative spirit. A Pike education is a journey that prepares students to be independent learners and responsible citizens.
The Pike School will:
- Provide a supportive environment where the whole child is valued and has opportunities for success and challenge as a scholar, citizen, artist and athlete.
- Each student at Pike will be well known by many adults in the community.
- At Pike every student will have an age-appropriate understanding of his or her own learning profile in order to be a better learner.
- At Pike students will be encouraged to develop and use their own voices to be effective self-advocates and contributors to the community.
- Pike will create an environment where students feel safe to explore outside their own comfort zone, understanding that growth comes from reaching beyond what they believe is possible.
- Continually improve a curriculum that focuses on the whole child and imparts the tools needed to succeed in an ever-changing world.
- Attract, develop and retain a faculty and staff who are inspired by and committed to The Pike School's mission and use assessment of student learning to improve instruction.
- Embrace and sustain an increasingly diverse community, where diversity in all its forms is cherished and celebrated.
- Provide a vibrant, supportive and inclusive environment for all members of the Pike community.
- Earn the philanthropic support of all parents, alumni, faculty/administration/staff, past parents, and friends to provide a lasting legacy for generations to come.
- the potential within each of us deserves to be recognized and nurtured.
- children develop best when there is an active and willing partnership between school and family.
- that adults are important role models, guides, and mentors for children.
- the connections among teachers and students are most effective in small group settings.
- our curriculum teaches skills and strategies that foster the acquisition of knowledge, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
- that an enriching, challenging, and supportive environment is necessary for personal development.
- that by recognizing, respecting, sharing, and appreciating our similarities and differences, we grow and flourish.
- that for children to become responsible global citizens, we must teach sound environmental stewardship of our earth and its resources.
- in fostering lifelong social, emotional, mental, and physical aspects of wellness through comprehensive programming to support the needs of the Pike community.
Learn about the process to apply to The Pike School.
A Pike education is an investment in your child's future.
Get to know more about what makes our school positively Pike.
Learn about our upcoming events.