Communication to Families 2022-23
Dear Pike families,
As you soak up this last month of summer, we write to share a few important reminders, in order to support your planning.
Before the School Year Starts
5th and 6th Grade Orientation, Thursday, September 1, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- All 5th and 6th grade students are invited to a special New to Upper School Orientation the Thursday before Labor Day. This is a student-only event, where 5th and 6th graders will get to meet their advisor, see their classroom spaces, and connect with each other. Please look out for an email with more details by the end of the week!
Andover Public Schools Bus Transportation
- All students residing in Andover are eligible to sign up for the public school bus. You can find more information about the Andover Bus program here.
- Please note that there will be no afternoon bus on Wednesdays.
- If you have completed the registration process, you will soon receive more information about bus passes from the Andover Public Schools Transportation Program.
- If you have not registered yet and are interested, please contact the Andover Public Schools Transportation Manager, Cindy Button (email@example.com).
Once the School Year Starts
Lower School (Pre-K - Grade 4) - Noon Dismissal, Tuesday - Friday, September 6-9
- During the first week of school, we have early dismissal days for Lower School students. Dismissing at noon allows for parent/caregiver meet and greets with teachers in the afternoon.
- After-school care is available for students on these days. More information about Pike Plus, including registration, will be coming shortly.
Morning Drop-off, Monday-Friday is 8:00 a.m. for all students
- Upper School advisory begins at 8:10 a.m. M-F
- Lower School classes begin at 8:20 a.m. M-F
Lower School (PK-Grade 4) Afternoon Pick-up:
- M, T, Th, F dismissal is 3:10 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday dismissal is 2:00 - 2:20 p.m. (beginning September 14, 2022)
Upper School (Grades 5-9) Afternoon Pick-up:
- M, T, Th, F dismissal is 3:20 - 3:40 pm.
- Wednesday dismissal is 2:10 - 2:30 p.m.
Reminder: Please know that before school childcare (early drop-off) and after school care (Pike Plus) is available each school day, including during the Lower School (Pre-K - Grade 4) first week noon dismissal days. More information about Pike Plus, including registration, will be coming shortly.
Looking Ahead - Important Dates
- US Back to School Night - Thursday, September 22, adult-only evening event
- LS Back to School Night - Thursday, September 29, adult-only evening event
- Indigenous Peoples' Day - Monday, October 10, no school
- Professional Development Day for Faculty/Staff - Tuesday, October 11, no school
- Parent/Guardian Conferences (PK - Grade 9) - Friday, October 28, no school
- Veterans’ Day - Friday, November 11, no school
- UPDATED, Please note change: Professional Development Day for Faculty/Staff - Tuesday, January 3, no school. School resumes for students on Wednesday, January 4.
In addition, we would like to share that Chanida Oros, our new All School Coordinator, will be the key contact person regarding attendance and bus transportation. Should you need any assistance, please reach out to Chanida via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-475-1197.