1-to-1 iPad Program
All students in grades 6-9 are required to own an iPad to use in the classroom, to collaborate with students and teachers, conduct research, and complete homework assignments. It will be an integral part of each student's work each day.
Pike students live in an increasingly interconnected and information-rich world. Our children will have to be skilled collaborators, able to combine multiple disciplines and incorporate new disciplines into their repertoire throughout their lives. They will need to demonstrate creativity and innovation, as well as critical thinking when solving problems and making decisions. Technology-rich classrooms tend to encourage collaboration, inclusion, participation, and exploration. We want to cultivate 21st century students. While using the iPads at Pike, students will focus on the following 21st century skills:
Curation - develop skills that will help evaluate and organize vast amounts of information, so they can retrieve it later.
Creation - design and share information for global communities.
Collaboration - build relationships with others to pose and solve problems collaboratively and cross-culturally.
Communication - facilitate creative expression of knowledge and understanding through a variety of media.
- What is the iPad program?
- Why did pike choose the ipad?
- will pike provide the ipad?
- What are the minimum requirements?
- Is there tech support for my child's ipad?
- Will i need a cover?
- Will i need a bluetooth keyboard?
- is there anything else i will need to purchase with the ipad?
- Who is responsible for the ipad if it breaks?
- Should i get insurance for the ipad?
- what apps will my ipad need?
- will i need to purchase additional apps throughout the year?
- will there be digital textbooks?
- will i need internet access at home?
- can i give my ipad to my child for the ipad program?
- how much space will my student need on the ipad?
- why was the ipad chosen rather than a laptop?
- what can the ipad do beyond watch movies and play games?
- why pike chose to implement a 1-to-1 ipad program?
Why the iPad?
- The iPad puts the learning directly in the hands of the students
- The iPad is easy to use
- Students will have access to the wealth of content on the internet
- The iPad supports many different learning styles
- The camera, video camera, and audio capabilities allow students to show what they have learned in a variety of ways