Dear 8th and 9th grade families,
We are now just days away from celebrating our Pike graduates! I have provided some reminder details below to help your family plan ahead for the final field trip this Wednesday, the 8th and 9th grade party, Evening of Recognition and our Closing Exercises for our graduates.
Attire: 8th and 9th grade students are encouraged to wear celebratory clothing that feels appropriate for their culture and identity for both the Evening of Recognition and the Closing Ceremonies. We are not requiring students to wear specific clothing items and colors for these events.
Safety: Parents, guardians and any other guests who do not participate in our weekly surveillance testing should remain masked during any event that takes place indoors.
Kings 8th and 9th Field Trip
Wednesday, June 8th
- This Wednesday, our 8th and 9th grade students will go to Kings for their final field trip of the year. Drop-off at school is at the normal Wednesday time. If you volunteered to drive students back to Pike, please meet at Kings in Lynnfield at 2:10.
Friday, June 10
- No School for Upper School only
8th and 9th Grade Party
Friday, June 10th 7:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.
Upper School Courtyard
- Lana and Shahnaz would like to remind you to drop your balloon off on Thursday between 2:30-3:30pm at the US pick-up line- someone will come to your car to collect them.
Monday, June 13
- Regular drop-off and pick-up times - Students will have the opportunity to say goodbye to each of their teachers.
Upper School Field Day
Tuesday, June 14
- Last Day of School - Pick up at 12PM
Evening of Recognition
Tuesday, June 14th 7:00 P.M.
- 8th and 9th grade students will be seated in the first several rows of the theater. There will also be seating set aside for teachers on the sides of the auditorium. Parents, guardians, family members and other guests may sit in any seat that is not reserved for students or teachers.
Wednesday, June 15th 10:30 A.M.
- Arrival: Please arrive with your graduate between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. 8th and 9th grade students should go directly to the Theater Lobby to gather for class pictures and to prepare to line up. Guests are welcome to gather in front of the main entrance for light refreshments until 9:45 a.m. when they will be welcomed onto Boulder Field to be seated.
- Seating for Guests: There is no limit on the number of guests you may invite to this event. Guests should proceed to field two (also known as Boulder Field). There will be a designated seating area for teachers, staff, Board Members and Upper School students. Aside from this reserved area, guests are welcome to sit wherever they choose. Please e-mail Brenda Comerford (email@example.com) if any of your guests will need mobility or seating accommodations in order to access Boulder Field.
- Rain Plan: In case of inclement weather, we will hold the event in Pike’s Gymnasium.
- Students who are honored with a graduation award will be photographed with their awards during and after the ceremony.
- Families who have their youngest child graduating will be contacted directly by the Advancement Office to arrange a legacy photo.