A Brief History of The Pike School
Cynthia E. Pike founded The Pike School in 1926. It was originally located in Mrs. Pike’s home and had an enrollment of six students. Today, Pike enrolls 438 students and serves virtually all of the communities of the Greater Merrimack Valley.
The school was incorporated as a non-profit educational institution in 1944. Established on 35 acres at the Sunset Rock Road location in the early 60s, three of the four major buildings were built in 1963; the gymnasium and six more classrooms were added in 1967. Two additional classrooms and the fine arts wing were added in 1985. The Horne Building, which houses a library/technology center and eleven classrooms, was dedicated in October 1998. Most recently, in 2008, the Dahod Center for Creative Learning was added, providing a state-of-the-arts theater, art and music classrooms, community spaces, learning services classrooms, gallery spaces, and a new, modern facade to the school.
The Pike School is accredited by the Association of Independent Schools in New England and is also a member of the National Association of Independent Schools. A Board of Trustees governs the school. John M. Waters was welcomed as the sixth Head of the Pike School in 1994.