Working at Pike
The Pike School in Andover, Massachusetts, is an independent day school of 440 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Nine. The Pike School community represents culturally and socio-economically diverse families from 38 communities. Pike seeks candidates who possess skills in multicultural teaching and leadership practices and a dedication to working in a diverse community. Candidates must also have demonstrated a commitment to collaboration and lifelong learning, as well as an expertise in best practices in elementary education. Pike faculty and staff are an integral part of the Pike community who inspire our students to become independent thinkers and responsible citizens.
To apply for a position listed below, please fill out the online application by clicking on the apply button below the job description.
SUMMARY: The School Counselor is responsible for creating and maintaining programs to support the social, emotional, and intellectual well-being of the members of the school community. The ideal candidate will have experience working effectively within family frameworks and a proven track record with Pre-K to 9th grade students and families. The Pike School is seeking a creative, flexible, and forward-thinking individual to identify and address student and faculty needs in a collaborative and evolving community. This person is committed to the mission and values of Pike School and to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive community.
REPORTS TO: Division Heads
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consultation to and collaboration with faculty, parents, and administrators regarding developmental and social-emotional issues
- Conduct classroom observations upon the recommendation or request of the Division Heads, help assess and evaluate the needs of the child in question, and explore possible strategies and solutions
- Observe and assess classroom practices in areas such as social skills and character education and attend grade level team meetings to support faculty and suggest additional methods to support child development
- Establish and maintain a referral list of support service specialists for families
- Provide crisis intervention and referrals as necessary to families and faculty
- Create and implement professional development for faculty and families regarding developmental and social-emotional issues
- Develop time-limited, developmentally appropriate, and prevention-oriented group curriculums in collaboration with teachers to address specific topics (e.g. conflict resolution, popularity, teasing)
- Conduct student groups in all three divisions to address student needs
- Engage in an ongoing process of needs assessment, evaluation, and revision of the role as necessary to meet the needs of the school community
- Member of admissions team and school wellness team
- Master’s degree and/or post-graduate work in psychology, counseling or social work with professional licensure.
- Experience working with children ages 4-15 and their families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as public speaking/presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
- Technological proficiencies in the areas of communication, presentation, and record-keeping
- Bilingual preferred
- Commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive community
Candidates should submit a resume, at least two letters of reference, and a personal statement that addresses how your experience meets the expectations of the position as stated above.To apply for this position, please fill out the online application by clicking here.
Fifth Grade Teaching Position
The Pike School is seeking a Fifth Grade Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. She/He will be responsible for teaching language arts, mathematics, and three sections of social studies. A Bachelor’s Degree in education is required. A Master’s Degree, knowledge of PLC practices, experience with Math in Focus and the Reading and Writing Workshop Model are preferred. This is a one-year position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Additional Qualifications include:
● Growth- minded candidate with the ability to develop positive working relationships with all constituencies including students, parents, faculty, and administration.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience with engaging students in class discussions, fostering critical reading, writing, and problem solving skills.
● Willingness to embrace the lifestyle of working in a dynamic independent school by being a team-player, eagerly assuming many roles, and devoting the time required to model excellence in job performance.
Candidates should submit a resume, at least two letters of reference, and a personal statement that addresses how your experience meets the expectations of the position as stated above.
To apply for this position, please fill out the online application by clicking here.
Are you looking to be a part of an educational setting, working with children? We are an independent, PK–9, elementary day school seeking substitute teachers. Bachelor's degree and some experience teaching or working with elementary age students are strongly preferred. Candidates should demonstrate a history of punctuality, responsibility and flexibility.
Substitutes could be asked to teach full or half days in regular or specialists' classrooms (indicate if preference). They are expected to provide instruction and implementation of lesson plans, manage the classroom, and ensure student learning.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com
It is the policy of The Pike School to maintain a school environment that is free from discrimination and to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, hiring and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. The Pike School does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability or any other classification protected by law.