After-school FLEX Program
The positive and nurturing environment that The Pike School students receive in the classroom every day continues into the after-school program, FLEX. Our dedicated after-school teachers carefully plan a variety of fun and interesting activities—from cooking, to craft-making, to story time, and games.
The FLEX Program also includes plenty of time for just being a child on the playground or free play in a classroom. For older students, there is time set aside to complete homework. Students can also take part in After-School Enrichment programs such as violin lessons, Spanish lessons, or Chess Club.
Extended Day starts at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and 3:00 p.m. on other weekdays and runs until 6:00 p.m. Parents can enroll their children in any number of days.
The program operates from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. during parent conference and faculty professional development days.
Single day "drop-in" is available if space allows, by contacting Susan Schott at firstname.lastname@example.org or for last minute emergency situations, the front desk at 978-475-1197 for Linda Holden or Yadira Valdez.
This reservation must be made 24 hours in advance. Please note: To enroll your child for in the 2019-20 year on a contract basis, please click here.
- 2019-2020 FLEX Calendar
- FLEX Fees
- Contact Information
- Hours of Operation
- 4:30 Pick Up FLEX Option
- Schedule Changes
- DROP-IN POLICY! 24 Hour Advance Notice
Please keep this information in your calendar for future reference regarding the school year
FLEX Day runs from 12:00 (early dismissals) or 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., by reservation, on the
- September 3, 4, 5, and 6 (Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri) (First week of school for lower school will be Noon dismissal – if your child is already contracted for FLEX, they will automatically go to FLEX on their contracted days during these days.)
- December 20 (Friday) Winter Break dismissal at Noon
- March 6 (Friday) Spring Break begins at 3:20 p.m.
- June 9 (Tuesday) All school dismissal at Noon
FLEX Day runs from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., by reservation, on the following dates:
- October 15 (Tuesday) Faculty Professional Development Day
- October 24 (Thursday) All school parent conference day
- January 17 (Friday) No School, all school (LS Admission Evals., MS Admission Evals., US Faculty Prof. Dev.)
- February 7 (Friday) Faculty Professional Development Day
- February 14 (Friday) All school parent conference day
- June 11 & 12 (Thursday and Friday) Two days after school is over
In addition to holidays, vacation days, and snow days, there will be NO FLEX on the following days:
- November 27 (Wednesday) All school visiting day, dismissal at 11:15 a.m.
- April 23 (Thursday) Faculty/Staff Appreciation
- June 10 (Wednesday) Closing Exercises
Extended hours for regularly enrolled FLEX Day students
If your child is normally enrolled in FLEX on the weekday that extended hours are offered, we assume that
your child will be attending as usual. There is no additional fee for the extended hours. If you do not plan
to have your child join us, we would appreciate advance notification in order for us to plan for drop-in
enrollment. If your child does not regularly attend the program on that weekday, please follow the
drop-in procedures as outlined.
4:30 p.m. Pick-Up FLEX Option
Only available under a contract basis (Not a drop-in option). Late pick-up for 4:30 p.m. option will result in a full-day (traditional) rate as indicated above.
|Time||Days per Week||Yearly Rate|
|3:10 - 4:30 p.m.||1 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday)||$1,060|
|2:00 - 4:00 p.m.||1 (Wednesday)||$1,515|
|3:10 - 4:30 p.m.||2||$1,880|
|3:10 - 4:30 p.m.||3||$2,380|
|3:10 - 4:30 p.m.||4||$2,820|
|3:10 - 4:30 p.m.||5||$3,030|
Traditional FLEX Option
|Time||Days per Week||Yearly Rate|
|3:10 - 6:00 p.m.||1 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday)||$2,110|
|2:00 - 6:00 p.m.||1 (Wednesday)||$3,030|
|3:10 - 6:00 p.m.||2||$3,770|
|3:10 - 6:00 p.m.||3||$4,760|
|3:10 - 6:00 p.m.||4||$5,640|
|3:10 - 6:00 p.m.||5||$6,050|
* Drop-ins are available within 24-hours notice
Full Day Drop-in Rates
- $75 Wednesdays
- $60 for all other weekdays
- $80 for Noon dismissal days
- $105 for Faculty Professional Development days
- Drop-in children will be billed for the full afternoon rate.
- Please note that there is a $1 per minute late fee for each minute past our 6:00 p.m. closing time.
To provide a positive, low-key, happy environment for children in their after-school hours.
Art projects, board and card games, outdoor activities and sports, computer use, as well as daily snacks are
included in the program. For the study hall children, a quiet space is provided in which to do homework
and recreational activities are offered.
Each full school day: from school dismissal to 6:00 p.m.
Each Noon dismissal day: from school dismissal to 6:00 p.m.
Each Faculty Professional Development Day or Conference Day/s 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The program is not available on when the school is closed on holidays, vacation days, or snow days.
Please be sure to notify your child’s teacher and the FLEX director, Susan Schott with either a note or phone
call any time there will be a change in routine, such as going home with a friend rather than attending FLEX
Day/Study Hall. These changes may be being picked up earlier from FLEX than usual or being picked up by
someone not indicated on the Driver Authorization Form.
In addition to regular enrollment, only if there is space available, the program will accept children on a “drop-in” basis. If, for example, you have regular enrollment on Monday’s and Tuesday’s but find occasionally you have need of the program on another day, you may use the “drop-in” option. Drop-in enrollment is also open to families not regularly enrolled in FLEX Day/Study Hall, only if space is available. We ask for 24-hour advance notice from parents for drop-in enrollment in order to staff the program properly. If your child becomes a regular drop-in, we will require that you enroll your child in the program “under contract”. To enroll your child on a drop-in basis, please contact Susan Schott at email@example.com or for last minute emergency situations, the front desk at 978-475-1197. Please remember we need 24-hours advance notice.