The Pike School's auxiliary programs provide a wide variety of opportunities for students Monday through Friday from dismissal until 6:00 p.m. With registrations for the fall, winter, and spring terms, caregivers can tailor their student's participation to suit their family's schedule. Be on the lookout for exciting new offerings every term!
Pike Plus: Pike Plus is a supervised recreational time offered between dismissal and 6:00 p.m. Families may utilize Pike Plus as a stand alone or blend it with many of the after-school enrichment programs Pike offers. Package rates are available for multi-day registration. Pike Plus begins on September 5, 2023.
Enrichment Programs: Our Enrichment Programs are a great way for students to explore and try new things taught by Pike's amazing teachers and vetted vendors.
There will be different programs offered in the fall, winter, and spring. Our fall term will begin on September 11 and run through November 21, unless otherwise noted in the program description. Each program has a limited number of spots and there will also need to be a minimum number of participants in order for a program to run.
Enrichment programs are not held on professional development days, early dismissal days, holidays, school vacations, and snow days.
Enrichment Programs will be invoiced after the add/drop period. The deadline to register is August 25.
Music Programs: The Pike School offers a wide variety of music enrichment programs including Lower School Orchestra, Upper School Orchestra, Chorus, Gamelan Sleeping Fox, Bucket Drumming, Pikeapella, and Pitch Pikes which are included in students' tuition. While these programs are included in tuition, these courses require advanced registration.
Private Music Lessons: If you would like to inquire about the availability of private music lessons for your student, please contact Emeric Viani at email@example.com or George Philips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pike Interscholastic Sports: Registration is separate for Pike's interscholastic sport offerings. For information about interscholastic sports, please visit our Athletics page. Interscholastic Sports are included in tuition.
The Pike School Speech Team is an award winning member of both the Massachusetts Middle School Speech League (MMSSL) and the National Speech and Debate Association (NSDA). Students in grades 6-8 compete in tournaments offered about once a month on Sundays in Massachusetts in ten different competitive speech events ranging from interpretive speeches to public address to impromptu. Students are expected to compete in at least three tournaments during the academic year and parents judge two tournaments. The team meets once a week as a whole on Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. Students also attend coaching sessions every other week on Tuesday or Thursday after-school depending on the coaches' and students' schedules.
Note: Speech Team is a full year program, and students who register are expected to remain throughout the year. Speech Team is included in tuition.
In person registration and interviews to join the Speech Team will be held after school on Thursday, September 7 and Friday, September 8. If you have questions, please email email@example.com. Go Pike!
NEW Programs for the 2023-24 School Year
IgniteED@Pike! Days: IgniteED@Pike! Days are offered for all ages on “No School” days, professional development days, and conference days.These days are designed to offer students the opportunity to do a “deeper dive” with experiential learning. Each day will have a different focus. Opportunities will be provided by Pike faculty, outside vendors, and field trips. Please note that IgniteED@Pike! Days replace the former Pike Plus Days.
Lower School First Week Extravaganza!: Please note that Lower School students have noon dismissal for the first week of school. This week offers opportunities for our Lower School students to enjoy the afternoon strengthening friendships with new classmates while enjoying themed activities. The daily schedule for students will begin with lunch, followed by a recess period. Subsequently, a series of carefully designed age-appropriate activities, aligned with the daily theme, will take place from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (There is an additional Pike Plus option from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.)
The price for all four days from 12:00 - 3:30 p.m. is $280. (There is an additional Pike Plus option from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.)
The price for a single day is $80.
- Tuesday, September 5 - Under The Big Top (Circus Stunts and Magic)
- Wednesday, September 6 - Mad Scientist (Fun with STEM)
- Thursday, September 7 - Around the Globe (International Games and Cooking)
- Friday, September 8 - Wacky Olympics (Totally Fun Relays with Friends)
- When does registration open for the fall term?
- When do Pike Plus and after-school enrichment programs start?
- What if there is a change in my student's schedule?
- Do you offer snacks after school?
- What happens if I'm going to be late to pick up my student?
- Will you offer an add/drop period?
- Does Pike offer drop in days for Pike Plus?
- When will my account be billed / invoiced?
- If I want to cancel during the term, can I get a refund or prorated fee?
- Is Financial Aid available for auxiliary services?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the Auxiliary Services program?
- Does Pike offer coverage on Professional Development Days?
- How does dismissal work for Pike Plus and enrichment programs?
- How many students can participate in each after-school enrichment program?
- Are there waitlists for enrichment programs?
- When does Early Drop-Off begin?
- Can parents/guardians submit ideas for enrichment programs?
- Will my child have time to complete their homework during Pike Plus?